http://www.ubos.org#doxycycline, azithromycin without prescription, medrol for cats, www.cincinnatiopera.org#lamisil, www.cincinnatiopera.org #gofo, http://www.ubos.org#tetracycline, http://www.ubos.org, http://www.ubos.org, buy cheap Aldactone discount, www.uruguayxxi.gub.uy

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h02/mnt/129350/domains/getfitslowly.com/html/wp-includes/class-wp-menu.php:162) in /nfs/c09/h02/mnt/129350/domains/getfitslowly.com/html/wp-content/plugins/si-contact-form/wp-session/class-wp-session.php on line 92
Some Things To Get You Through

Some Things To Get You Through

by macdaddy on July 14, 2010 · 12 comments

Yesterday afternoon, the phone rang as I was reaching for a cookie. As I answered it, I realized that I’d never been so happy to receive a call from a telemarketer. Up until that point in the day, I’d been eating VERY well. But I always struggle between 2:30 and 5:00 and that cookie was about to beat me.

After I answered the annoying phone call, I realized that my moment of weakness had passed and I no longer needed that cookie. The phone triggered some deep reserve of will power inside my head and I was able to soldier on with my day.

In addition to the phone, I’ve come up with a small list of some things that help me get through my many moments of weakness:

• A crying kid
  • The UPS man
  • A big glass of water
  • A hard run on the treadmill
  • A walk outside

Each and every one of those things has helped to get me through a moment or two of weakness. Some of them aren’t very dependable. But it’s pretty easy to find a crying kid around my house.

What are some of the strategies that you use to help you through your tough times during the day?

On a different note, I wanted to quell the concerns that you all shared after Monday’s post. The picture of me at the end of Western States doesn’t portray me in the best light. How’s this one? Am I still sickly?

1 Ryan @NoMoreBacon July 14, 2010 at 6:49 am

YOU LOOK DEAD SEXY!

2 macdaddy July 14, 2010 at 7:12 am

Thanks Ryan!

3 Brandon July 14, 2010 at 7:20 am

I say you’re looking great Mac!

4 Scott July 14, 2010 at 7:39 am

Man you are Sick! :)

5 elizabeth July 14, 2010 at 10:33 am

Maybe a less baggy shirt? I heard on npr that people look thinner than they actually are when they wear shirts that are excessively baggy. You seem to be wearing baggier shirts in both of those photos.

If that doesn’t do the trick, who cares? You’re fit and you’re happy with yourself. That’s all that matters!

6 schmei July 14, 2010 at 11:21 am

Ah, much better. You look slim, but not ill!

On a side note, how does Pam _always_ look good in pictures? I mean, she looked good after WS100, and she ran the whole thing. I’m jealous.

7 macdaddy July 14, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Schmei–She’s a hottie, isn’t she :)

8 AndrewENZ July 14, 2010 at 11:46 am

You handsome devil you! ;)

9 suz July 14, 2010 at 1:02 pm

I thought the comparisons in the last post were just excellent. It’s interesting to see how society adjusts it’s image of “normal”. That being said, the photo of you after Pam’s race played in my mind for days after I saw it and I was a bit concerned for you. This photo really shows you in a better light.

I’d say as long as you’re feeling strong and healthy and getting the nutrition your body needs that you’ll be ok. Plus, it seems like Pam has a pretty good head on her shoulders and I”m sure she’d let you know if you were doing anything untoward with your fitness.

10 macdaddy July 14, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Suzanne–Thanks for the positive comments.

11 fit36.com July 14, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I think you’re right about the then vs. now comparison. If I had never seen a picture of you from before, then I wouldn’t think twice about your appearance. It’s just such a startling (in a good way) transformation that it makes people think twice when they see the picture.

12 gwen July 14, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I think it’s because in the previous pictures, you looked younger. You might be healthy-looking if I hadn’t seen the previous picture. The extra weight gives a softness and youth fullness to you. Your “ideal” weight makes you look gaunt, as if you’ve aged 15 years. Perhaps not the positive support you’re looking for, but I can see why your momma would be concerned.