buy lexapro , http://www.qatarhappening.com, www.cmbm.org, http://www.cmbm.org, buy clavamox online , http://www.cmbm.org, cheap Imitrex online, www.denkmalschutz.de, buy norethindrone online, price of letrozole online, price of methocarbamol online, www.uruguayxxi.gub.uy, Effexor online without prescription

6 Simple Steps

6 Simple Steps

by macdaddy on October 25, 2011 · 7 comments

This is taken directly from the Welcome Letter to the 77th issue of Endurance News which is put out by Hammer Nutrition:

1. Hydrate every day. Drink between half of your bodyweight in ounces and one gallon of water a day (i.e., if you weigh 120 lb, drink between 60-128 ounces every day).
  2. Massively lower your refined sugar consumption—zero high fructose corn syrup!
  3. Lower or eliminate your wheat consumption. (This will also reduce your sugar cravings.)
  4. Avoid all chemical additives, and all artificial sweeteners, colors, and flavors completely.
  5. Massively reduce sodium intake (i.e., food in cans, packages, and restaurants)
  6. Eat more whole foods!

Simple? Yes.

Easy? Not so much.

Worth it? Definitely.

Join me?

1 Josh Bjornson October 25, 2011 at 5:19 am

It’s not as hard as you would imagine. I think the most important thing to remember is that you will not be perfect and that is ok. Focus on eating fresh foods made with fresh ingredients and the rest will start to fall in place.

2 Kris October 25, 2011 at 11:53 am

#1, 3 & 6 I do already. #2 as well – HFCS is not as prevalent in Canada, so avoiding it isn’t that hard. :)

#5 – well I eat very little processed food, but I salt everything to taste! So that one is iffy.

As for #4 – that one is my problem. I still crave the artificial sweeteners. I’ve cut my consumption, but I’m working to eliminate it.

It really is common sense, but in our era of “convenience” it can feel like a lot of work to stick with it!
Kris recently posted..Fire Up for Fall – Week 6 Update

3 Pam October 25, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Hammer Nutrition says don’t eat sugar, refined foods or salt, but buy our maltodextrin pastes and drinks (from processed corn!) and buy our buffered salt tabs while you are at it!!!

WTF?!? I use a lot of Hammer products when I race (I also eat a lot of HFCS (gasp!) when I race because it is good energy), but I do not confuse these products with “natural” in any way.
Pam recently posted..The Good Life

4 olga October 25, 2011 at 6:02 pm

So, you’re blogging like, every day…and I had to read it all and remember? OK, where do I start. Injuries, you know mine, 4 months off and still struggling even if back. PF sucks. I could use some tape. My weight is up too. I am not stale, but re-evaluated my goals. I had diet over the summer that was ame every day, I actually never got bored (I like simplicity in my crazy life) and it worked like a charm. May be I should get back to it – or close to it. But for that I need to spend at least one weekend fully home and focusing on grocery shopping:) Get your AL race in, it’ll be fine! I got my fix last weekend:) Whew, hope I covered all.
olga recently posted..Double-crossing the Big Ditch.

5 sharla @262milejourney October 25, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Of all of those, water consumption is the hardest for me right now. I’ve been getting about 2L, but I feel best when I drink 3L. But I have to start drinking water earlier in the day. Two nights in a row last week I had nightmares about floods of biblical proportion and I blame it on guzzling water right before bed.
sharla @262milejourney recently posted..The Road Not Taken (quite literally)

6 Joe October 26, 2011 at 7:47 am

Water is the key to fitness, you must be hydrated. When arriving in a hospital, they hydrate you (like crazy) for good reason. The water regimen is an extremely important part of not only health but fitness…

7 Jason October 27, 2011 at 5:46 am

I’ve never lost weight as easily and effectively (and gotten much healthier vitals in the process) than when I’ve followed these guidelines above everything else.

I don’t know anything about Hammer Nutrition, but these items are quality. :)

-j