azithromycin without prescription, medrol for cats, buy cheap Aldactone discount, www.uruguayxxi.gub.uy

Hey!

Hey!

by macdaddy on January 16, 2012 · 16 comments

Hey guys. I’m still here!

I was thinking that I was done blogging. But every time I stop, my motivation to stay healthy diminishes. So it seems I need you guys more than you need me.

Funny thing is, traffic at GFS has been up even though I haven’t been writing. Not sure what that says about me, but I’ll just attribute it to the New Year’s Fitness trends and not the fact that I haven’t actually been writing here.

Here’s where I’m at:

The holidays hit me hard this year. The weekend before Thanksgiving, I ran 15K @ 7:30 pace and was feeling really good about where I was in terms of my fitness and health. Then my foot started hurting again and I couldn’t run very much. I kept crossfitting, AND getting stronger, which is a good thing. But I wasn’t watching what I was eating and 20-40 minutes of crossfit 3-4 times a week is not enough exercise or an excuse to eat whatever the hell I want.

So I gained weight…On 1/3/2012 I weighed in at 176.6 pounds. On May 2, 2011 I was 160.0 pounds. 160 is too light for me, but 176 is TOO heavy. So I’m working to get back down to 163 or so. Already I’m down to 170 so I’m making progress.

Yesterday I had my first race of the year. The same old January half marathon that I’ve run for the last 3 years now. My goal in November was to run 1:39 for a 6 minute PR. With my foot injuries and extra weight, plus snow, and wind, I only managed a 1:42:40 which is still a 2.5 minute PR for me, but not where I thought I would be 6 weeks ago.

The new plan is to continue crossfitting 3-4X per week (because I love both the workouts and the people at my gym) AND get back to running…at least 25 miles per week in January and then up from there for Feb and March. Also, I’ve got to start running on trails because April 15th (Peterson Ridge Rumble 40 mile trail run) is coming fast and I need to get some trail miles on my feet!

What are your goals for 2012? What races are you planning?

Happy (belated) New Year!

1 Dean Ouellette January 16, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Welcome back. I’m one of those who found your blog in the last couple of weeks. Currently nursing a knee injury but hoping for a march 3 Phoenix half then later in march the la rnr full. Good luck and big crossfit fan too
Dean Ouellette recently posted..Do as I say, not as I do

2 AndrewENZ January 16, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I’ve let my weight creep up about 24 pounds or so, so I’m in getting rid of the flab mode myself. Good to see you still posting!
AndrewENZ recently posted..Christchurch Marathon 2012

3 Jason January 17, 2012 at 5:27 am

Happens to us all, Mac. :) Glad to see you back. Here’s to a great year!

ps, I notice the same correlation. If I’m not blogging on FMF, I’m usually also not focusing on my fitness goals. Interesting how that works!

-j
Jason recently posted..Impress Your Friends With This Fancy Egg Recipe

4 olga January 17, 2012 at 11:58 am

Thank God you’re alive…I was about to think Pam ate you for dinner after Bandera as she must have been hungry. Now it seems the opposite – you bit a piece of her? Not to worry, so did lots of us (well, pieces of other people and animals that is). And now, as always, The New Year Res is drop, get, do, and so on. Damn it. So, lets paddle that boat together, friend.
olga recently posted..Olympic Trials Marathon in Houston

5 sharla @262milejourney January 17, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I’m glad you’re back. I’m still trying to work off the damage of the 2009 holiday season (though the situation hasn’t gotten worse so I feel that deserves some credit)… So far my race schedule is a trail half in March. I’ve got my eye on a few other races, but nothing definite yet.
sharla @262milejourney recently posted..Photo

6 macdaddy January 18, 2012 at 11:29 am

Sharla, what race are you doing in March? I’m having visions here :)

7 Carole January 17, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I’ve been lurking long enough. Good to see you back and getting back into shape after the holidays. Good job on the half-marathon. Once finances ease up, I hope to run my first 5k ever, perhaps next year. In the meantime, I’ll kept up the P90X training and Couch-to-5k. Have a good one!

8 macdaddy January 18, 2012 at 11:28 am

How do you like p90x carole? I tried it for a bit but floundered. I need someone next to me pushing me…the DVD didn’t cut it for me. But if it works for you, awesome! And cheaper too!

9 Carole January 31, 2012 at 10:15 am

Thanks for replying! P90X is tough, very tough. But working out with a partner, as with nearly any exercise routine, makes it easier and fun. The return on investment, cost plus time (1 hr per day) can’t be beat. The workout, while strenuous, becomes a mental challenge rapidly and a “I WILL do this” mindset must remain forefront. This is much easier with someone alongside pushing. I lost my workout partner early in 2011 after completing the 3-month P90X program. He swore to never do it again. I’ve continued with periodic week-long breaks here and there but overall, I still like it because of one thing alone: I love the results.

10 Trisha January 18, 2012 at 1:42 am

Hi,
Nice to have you back.
I’ve done my first race last year and it was great. This year I plan to participate in at least 4 races, one of them a semi-marathon. So please keep writing, I need your inspiration to go on.
- Trish

11 macdaddy January 18, 2012 at 11:27 am

You got it Trisha! Glad you got out there for a race and I’m assuming a “semi” marathon is a Half marathon? That’s not a term I’ve heard before. Good luck with your training. Hope it goes well for you!

12 Trisha February 6, 2012 at 10:54 am

With a semi I mean half a marathon. Still trying to translate all the dutch terms into English…..

13 Ted January 18, 2012 at 3:52 am

Welcome back, Mac! I was looking at some of the old guest posts to start the year. Be in touch!

14 macdaddy January 18, 2012 at 11:26 am

Sounds good Ted. I’ve noticed you’re comments on the other posts and was wondering if the replies you made were received by the original commenters?

15 suz January 20, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Good job on getting your house back in order! I joined Weight Watchers to lose 13 pounds and everyone keeps asking why – I tell them 13 pounds is how it starts and next thing you know your 30 pounds over weight!

My goal this year, besides the 13 pounds, is to do more hiking. I haven’t set a mile goal yet, but I’m leaning towards 150. So thanks for the reminder to get to it, I’m going to schedule my first backpacking trip right now!

16 RJ January 21, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Congratulations on your new goals. There is a CrossFit gym near where I live and I have been tempted to check it out. I see people running around the building whenever I go by.

I got burned out on weightlifting so my goal is to be consistent with the bodyweight routine that I am doing. I want to be able to do 50 push-ups by year end and 15 chin-ups. I also want to run 3 days a week as long as my knees can handle it. I am excited to pursue the goals.
RJ recently posted..How To Stop Eating Ice Cream